Prayer of Confession/Preparing for Deliverance
Prayer is so powerful. What I love about prayer is the intimacy with God. Prayer can change our hearts, the way we think, our view on life and draw us closer to God. There are many kinds of prayers in the Bible and things that motivate us to pray such as a need for healing, help, or a grateful heart. Other prayers come forth out of desire to have close fellowship with God like a partner in a relationship or out of desperation. Make prayer a priority. Confessing our sins is a significant part of prayer. Jesus often called people to honesty to confess sin and sin no more. The Bible has many examples of confession prayers and many reminders that God forgives those who confess their sins. “Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.’ And you forgave the guilt of my sin” (Psalm 32:5).
I want to focus on Prayer of Confession as in confessing Scripture with our mouth and believing the Word of God with all of our heart/mind. When praying, we also want to address any possible hindrances to answered prayer. We need to approach God as a loving Father, a Holy God, the God of all eternity, the Creator of the ends of the earth. The Alpha and the Omega. The Great I Am. The I Am that I Am. Our Father who wants to have an intimate relationship with us. Abba, who desires to conversate with us, where we both talk and listen. A Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God Almighty, the whole earth is full of your glory approach to prayer. Where we are humble enough to Repent to God and approach Him with a clean heart. Create within me a clean heart O God and renew the right spirit within me. (Psalm 51) approach. I have observed people praying loud strong long prayers some yelling and screaming with boldness. I have observed and experienced prayer as a soft spoken bold decree of the Word of God that carried a weight and a glory in their gentle spoken words.
A U T H O R I T Y
(Your Identity: Know Who You Are)
When I was Enrolled into the School of the Spirit (By Jesus) I was taught that it’s not in how loud strong or long you pray but it’s in the fact of your Identity. When you know who you are your true Identity you pray accordingly. A person in Authority does not necessarily have to scream or yell because they understand that they have the Authority to speak. And when they speak with the power of their God given Authority they can have an absolute confidence and assurance when they command in the prayer of their Decree. A person in Authority does not beg and plead, they Command and Declare. They take Authority as it has been given to them by God Himself. When you pray remember who you are, your true Identity. Remember that while you are in the heat of the battle that you are also seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph. 2:6) praying and waring from a place of Victory. Remember that as a Believer you are more than a conqueror through Him (Jesus) that loved you.
Repentance + Prayer + Scripture=Victory
The thing about prayer is that Prayer doesn’t need to be wordy, impressive, or polished it just needs to be honest and real. Jesus often set the stage for teaching opportunities like when the disciples said Lord, teach us how to pray. Yes, people need to be taught to pray effective prayers. The Holy Spirit is my favorite Teacher the Teacher of men. An effective prayer is a prayer based on Scripture. You see God watches over His word to perform it. Many of our challenges is because we simply have not studied the Bible and do not know God’s Word, His promises for us. Scripture is our weapon to win the battle. Yes we are in a continual battle among two kingdoms. The Kingdom of God vs. Satan’s Evil kingdom of darkness. The battle is spiritual but we experience the physical manifestations of the spiritual battle. As members of the Kingdom of God we have weapons of mass destruction that we must use to fight with. The right application of the Word of God is our weapon. Yes, Believer we are called to fight back in this battle.
Question: When do we prepare for war?
We are instructed to study the Word of God to show ourselves approved (fit for battle) rightly dividing the Word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15). This is why Bible Study is a critical essential.
Hebrews 4:12, NIV: “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” … It is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12 TPT For we have the living Word of God, which is full of energy, like a two-mouthed sword. It will even penetrate to the very core of our being where soul and spirit, bone and marrow meet! It interprets and reveals the true thoughts and secret motives of our hearts.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 For though we live in the flesh, we do not wage war according to the flesh. The weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We tear down arguments and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. How do we do this? By speaking, thinking, applying the Word of God/Bible/Scripture.
2 Corinthians 10: 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
How Do We Engage in Spiritual Warfare?
(Get Wisdom at Any Cost Proverbs 4 Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction; pay attention and gain understanding. 2 I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching. 3 For I too was a son to my father, still tender, and cherished by my mother. 4 Then he taught me, and he said to me, “Take hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands, and you will live. 5 Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them.6 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. 7 The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.)
Spiritual Warfare — There are two types:
- Dealing with yourself (Your mind is the battlefield) & (Repentance and Forgiveness)
- Dealing with Satan and demons (Putting on the Full Armor) & (Binding & Loosing)
Ephesians 6:10-18 tells us that although we wrestle not against flesh in blood, we do wrestle. We do battle. We do not sit by passively and allow the enemy to beat the crap out of us. We do not stand by idly and sing, clap, and rock from side to side “I put it all in His hands……Yes I put it all in God’s hands”, while the enemy is pulverizing our families, our communities, etc. Be still and let the Lord fight the battle—the Lord instructs us to fight the battle with the Word. We know that Satan, the thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy but Jesus gives us life and life in abundance (John 10:10).
In Luke chapter 4 when Satan temped Jesus, Jesus applied the Word and won. If Jesus applied the Word, we also must fight and win with the Word. So, gear up Soldier! It’s time to War, to fight the good fight of faith. Faith in the power of the living Word of God. We already have victory if we use our designated weapons. The Word! Imagine if you are in a war and the enemy is using high powered guns but you’re sitting there throwing water balloons, who will win? The one who is properly prepared for the battle will win.
Our winning weapon is the Word of God. It does not matter how much you cry, complain, pout, self-pity, deny, hide, or respond emotionally with loud screaming prayers; You must use your weapons (in Faith). A spiritual battle requires spiritual weapons.
“Soldiers”: Do Not Show Up with Water Balloons. Prepare Yourself for Deliverance. Show up at the Battle & Pull out your Heavy Artillery: Prayer & The Word of God.
This is how you show up when it’s time to fight. Your Weapon is the Word. You have been given Authority. You are a Soldier in the Army of the Lord! And you will Win!
In Ephesians chapter Paul explains how we should fight this invisible battle for our minds: “Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God” (Ephesians 6:13-17). Fill your mind with the truth of God, then with the wisdom of God you can tell the difference between thoughts that are real versus the lies of the devil. Loving God and others, protects us from hinderances to answered prayer. But bitterness and unforgiveness is where Satan’s lies thrive. James, the brother of Jesus, sums it all up into this command: “Be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you. Come close to God and He will come close to you” (James 4:7-8). When we give our lives to Jesus we receive the power of the Holy Spirit and with the Holy Spirit’s power, we win against Satan every time.
Then he said to me, “This is what the LORD says to Zerubbabel: It is not by force nor by strength, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies. Zechariah 4:6
Daily Spiritual Warfare Confession To Build Up Your Inner Man (Bill Winston Ministry Website-Prayer and Confession)
- Father God, this day I release words of faith into the earth, spiritual seed that bring both a spiritual harvest, and a natural, physical manifestation into my life.
- I have no cares for I cast the whole of my cares over on Jesus, for He cares for me. I have no heavy burdens because I’ve taken Jesus’ yoke which is easy and His burden which is light.
- I will not allow my soul to be cast down for I put my hope and trust in God. I am above only and not beneath. I am the head and not the tail. I’m blessed coming in and blessed going out.
- I am one spirit with God and I abide in Him always. I have the mind of Jesus Christ and the wisdom of God flows in me and through me. My body is the temple of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, for the fullness of God dwells in me.
- I tread upon serpents and scorpions and I exercise righteous authority over all the power of the enemy. Nothing shall by any means hurt me. I am skilled in the word of righteousness and I call things that be not as though they were. I will not fear what man or spirit can do unto me because no weapon formed against me shall prosper. Any tongue that rises against me in judgment shall be condemned.
- The blood of the Lord Jesus Christ covers my spirit, soul and body, and has sanctified me and separated me from the world, the flesh and the devil. I not only have my senses exercised to discern both good and evil, but I aggressively come against the kingdom of darkness and spoil every plot and scheme satan has waged against me and those around me. I am more than a conqueror through Jesus Christ.
- I take my shield of faith and quench satan’s every fiery dart. I will not be distracted from doing the will of God, and I will not stray to the left hand or to the right. I have sound judgment and discretion and I refuse to be deceived by satan in any way.
- My mind is sharp and my spirit is keenly sensitive to disturbances in the spirit realm. I watch and pray and prevent evil from taking place because the Holy Spirit shows me things to come. I am equipped with spiritual armor and weaponry and I am never caught off guard by the wicked one.
- I sow fruits of righteousness and will never back down from the truth. I am bold as a lion and I refuse to be intimidated by the enemy.
- All things are mine and I exercise dominion over the earth. I reign in life by Jesus Christ through grace and righteousness. My love weapon casts out fear and I aggressively love others unconditionally. For love never fails!
- All of my days are filled with abundance and prosperity because Jesus is Lord over all. I choose to be a vessel through which His will can be done in the earth. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!
All Photo Credits: Unsplash.com